Why have to go in Aklan just to experience white sand beach? When Calatagan, Batangas has their own version of Boracay? Yes! You read it right! This uncrowded white fine smooth beach sand is located in Calatagan, Batangas, Just three hours away from Manila. This island called the little Boracay or the starfish island.
HOW TO GET THERE VIA COMMUTE
Actually, we came from Manuel Uy beach resort, then we rent a boat going to this Little Boracay
- From Cubao, ride a bus going to SM Moa/ Pasay and drop off at MRT EDSA-Taft station.
- From From MRT Taft station, go to a van terminal bound to Calatagan at the back of Metro point mall and besides Kabayan Hotel (Fare is Php 180.00)
- Drop off at the Calatagan public Market where you can buy some foods like we did. The travel time from Pasay to Calatagan is roughly 3-4 hours, depending on the traffic.
- From Calatagan public market, there’s a queue of tricycle where you could hire going to Manuel Uy Beach Resort. It’s better to have a contact driver, Our contact is Kuya Kiko, you may contact him at 0920-3426812. The fare is Php 200 good for 4 persons. So Php 50 per person, but if you are alone you have to pay for the whole amount. The travel time is 15-20 minutes.
- From Manuel Uy Beach Resort, there’s a lot of boats parked in the resort.
- Ask bangkeros about the starfish island and they will guide you how to get there.
You can rent a boat parked in Manuel Uy Beach Resort. The rent for the boat is Php 200.00 per head maximum of 5 persons for one hour tour going to little Boracay and sand bar then additional Php 100.00 for another 30 minutes. You can also avail the special trip for Php 500.00 especially if you are a couple or a solo traveler.
The island is not crowded. In fact, there are no people except the two of us, our boatman, and the group a 6 people who left the island immediately.
Anothing best thing here is the bunch of starfish laying down below the clean and crystal clear water.
Thanks for reading! 🙂
If you have questions, please leave a comment below 🙂
Don’t forget to share to Facebook, Twitter or other social media so other may benefit as well 🙂
If you found errors, email us at @email@example.com