Anawangin Cove – Probably one of the most visited beach in Zambales. We couldn’t deny that Zambales has a lot to offer. Its undeniably beautiful beaches are one of the top tourist destinations in the Philippines due to its pristine and relaxing white sand beaches. Every summer, Zambales beaches is always on the bucket list. Most beachgoers and travelers would always choose Zambales for their summer getaway bucketlist.
Just like Nagsasa Cove, Anawangin Cove nestled in the navel of the Zambales coastline and arises due to the ashes from Mt. Pinatubo during its eruption in 1991. Anawangin Cove is the nearest cove from Pundaquit. The easiest way to reach Anawangin Cove is by riding a boat also just like in Nagsasa Cove, but Anawangin cove would only take 15-20 minutes from Pundaquit jump-off.
As I mentioned in our Nagsasa Cove blog, One thing that might discourage you in Anawangin Cove is there’s no electricity or even signal there. But the best thing is you can enjoy the beach together with your friends without any distraction from the internet. Just you and your company.
Some might think that it’s too boring as there’s no signal in the area. Actually, it’s not because you will definitely try to think of a way where you could enjoy the whole day with your friends. I must say that Anawangin Cove is the best not only for
AMAZING VIEW OF ANAWANGIN COVE
We highly suggest to try trekking and climb the hilltop to see the amazing vista of Anawangin Cove. It would only take 45 minutes up and down the hill. It’s really amazing to see something that would really make you feel so blessed! Yeah, Filipinos are so blessed with so many beautiful places around the Philippines. We should be proud of it. We should preserve and protect our nature so the future generation can also experience and see what we have seen.
ANAWANGIN COVE VISTA
Anawangin Cove is also a campsite so there is no accommodation in the area aside from bringing your own tent. It’s better to bring your own tent if you plan to go on a DIY trip.
You can also see the amazing vista of Anawangin Cove for just around 30 minutes of hiking to the hill top.
VISITING CAPONES ISLAND
Capones Island. Capones Island is an isolated island surrounded with white sand and rocky shores located a few kilometers away from Barangay Pundaquit. If you want to go there, you can arrange a tour with a boatman. The rate starts at PHP 1000 for Anawangin and Capones Island round trip for four persons.
HOW TO GET TO ANAWANGIN COVE
Going to Anawangin Cove is the same with Nagsasa Cove. You can either do DIY or join in a tour package. Many travel agencies across internet offer a budget-friendly package to Nagsasa Cove including a van and boat transfer, some of them also offer Cove to Cove hopping wherein you can visit Anawagin Cove, Talisayin Cove, and other beaches in nearby. But if you want to go on a DIY tour here is the guide how to get into Zambales via commute.
Let’s assume that you are from Manila.
- Ride a bus bound to Iba, Zambales or Santa Cruz and drop off at San Antonio Public Market. The travel time is roughly 4-5 hours depending on the traffic. Bus fare is PHP 270. Victory Liner has a daily trip to Zambales from Cubao and Pasay.
- From San Antonio Public Market, ride a tricycle to Pundaquit.
- The jump-off point is at Barangay Pundaquit. So from Pundaquit, you can rent a boat going to Anawangin Cove. Travel time is 30-45 minutes.
Note: Always use Google Map or Waze to guide you, so you know when you drop off and you will not get lost.
ANAWANGIN COVE ITINERARY
|4:00 AM||ETD Cubao | Victory Liner|
|9:00 AM||Estimated time Arrival San Antonio, Zambales|
|9:15 AM||Ride a tricycle to Pundaquit|
|9:40 AM||Boat to Nagsasa Cove|
|10:15 AM||ETA at Nagsasa Cove(Rent a Kubo)|
|11:00 AM||Wander around|
|11:30 AM||Prepare for lunch, you can ask locals to cook food for you|
|1:00 PM||Pitch tent|
|1:30 PM||Free time and Swimming|
|2:30 PM||Visit Capones Island|
|6:00 PM||Prepare for dinner|
|7:00 AM||Climb hill|
|10:00 AM||Shower and Pack up|
|10:30 AM||Boat to Pundakit|
|11:00 AM||Early lunch|
|11:40 AM||Tricycle back to San Antonio|
|12:00 NN||Ride a bus going to Manila|
ANAWANGIN TRAVEL TIPS
- If you are planning to stay overnight, We highly suggest bringing your own tent and camping equipments. Alternatively, you can rent a cottage for PHP 200
- Buy foods and supplies at the San Antonio Public Market. You can find a variety of meats, seafood, and ingredients at a very affordable price.
- Climb early at the hilltop so you can enjoy the whole view with fewer people.
- Make sure that you have enough foods and water supply.
- You can actually visit nearby Islands and coves such as Nagsasa Cove, Talisayin Cove, Silaguin Cove, Capones Island and Camara Island.
- Bring your own flashlight since there’s no electricity in the area.
- Since there is also no mobile signal in the area, you can download some offline games on your phone before going to Anawangin Cove if you don’t really want to be bored. But we highly suggest to just enjoy the moments and leave your phone on your bag or pocket.
- You can ask locals to cook for you – “Paluto”.
ANAWANGIN COVE RATES
- Entrance Fee(Day tour): PHP 50
- Entrance Fee(Overnight): PHP 100
- Small Kubo/Hut Rental(Overnight): PHP 200
- Tent rental: PHP 50
THINGS TO BRING
- Water – In a place where you have to ride a boat before to reach it, Water is so expensive
- Flashlight – There is no electricity there so better bring one.
- Sunblock – To protect your skin from direct sunlight
- Camera – To capture every spot and scenery
- Bottle opener
- Waterproof bag
THINGS TO DO
- Swim and stroll along the beach
- Hike to the vantage point
- Go on a deep conversation with friends
- Visit other coves and islands
- Parlor games or do fun games and activities with your friends
Are you in Pinterest? Pin this article for later
Did this travel blog help you? You can also share your travel tips and tag #wanderhacker. Follow us for more travel guides on:
Don’t forget to share on Facebook, Twitter or other social media so others may benefit as well
If you have questions or you spot something that needs to update, let us know in the comments section below.