La Union is a very popular destination among all kind of surfers. But I never thought that La Union has a lot to offer. Surprisingly, La Union is also home to numerous waterfalls. Actually, there is a hidden treasure hiding in the midst of its highlands in San Gabriel. It is also a popular waterfall in La Union. A 50 feet high majestic waterfall that will surely make you look up and wonder.
TANGADAN FALLS TRAVEL GUIDE
Tangadan Falls is one of the most visited waterfalls in La Union. Its cascading waterfalls are the highlight in this picturesque natural attraction.
We started trekking at 12 noon. It was really fun despite the dizziness due to hangover last night haha. We really enjoyed the beauty of the scenery and our journey to Tangandan Fall that’s why we forgot that it’s already 5 PM when we leave the falls.
There are two options going to Tangadan Falls. If you have a private vehicle you can go directly to the trailhead going to Tangadan Falls where you need to trek for about 20-30 minutes. The other one is you need to start at the jump-off point. Trekking is approximately 1 hour, it’s an easy trek for beautiful scenery you will see along the trail. You have to cross the Barobo River to reach Tangadan falls.
THINGS TO DO IN TANGADAN FALLS
- Ride a wooden cable car above Barobo River
- Cliff Jumping
- Do nature photography
The rock formations are similar to Tinipak River in Tanay Rizal. Halfway through, you will see a cliff jumping site. It’s free to jump unless you pay for a life vest for PHP 50. You can also ride a wooden cable car over the Barobo River for only PHP 20.
HOW TO GET TO TANGADAN FALLS
- From Cubao, ride a bus that bounds Laoag/Vigan (Partas, Dominion, Viron bus)
- Alight in San Juan Municipal Hall. The travel time is approximately 5-7 hours.
- From San Juan, take a jeepney going to San Gabriel
- Alight at San Gabriel Municipal Hall. You have to register first at the Municipal Hall then hire a guide.
- From San Gabriel Municipal Hall, ride a tricycle and ask the driver that you are going to Tangadan Falls. (You can either take a tricycle going to Tangadan falls jumpoff point or your guide can transport you via habal-habal.)
Flotsam & Jetsam also offering an organized group tour going to Tangadan Falls.
EXPENSES AND FEES
|Jeepney fare from San Juan |
Going to San Gabriel Municipal Hall
|Tricycle fare going to Tangadan Falls Trailhead||PHP 50|
|Tricycle fare from Tangadan falls to San Gabriel||PHP 50|
|Entrance fee to Tangadan Falls||PHP 30|
|Guide Fee(Let’s assume that you are 5 in a group – PHP 100 per pax)||PHP 500/5 = 100|
|Jeepney fare going to San Juan from San Gabriel||PHP 19|
If you are traveling alone, you have to shoulder the guide fee.
TRAVEL GUIDES / INFOS
- Bring a camera as there are too many beautiful sceneries along the way.
- Tangadan Falls is open from 6 AM to 6 PM.
- Avoid visiting during holidays as it can get crowded.
THINGS TO BRING IN TANGADAN FALLS
- Extra Clothes
- Sun protect lotion
- Extra money
- Trail food
WHERE TO STAY IN LA UNION
Aureo Resort, San Fernando La Union
P and M Final Option Hotel
Check room rates at
Awesome Hotel – San Juan La Union
Check room rates at:
Thunderbird Resorts – Poro Points
Book a room at:
Check more rooms at Booking.com
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this!
Check out the lightroom preset we used in this blog:
If you have questions or you spot something that needs to update, let us know in the comments section below.